Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- This year's dance discipline is Ballet. The Lyrical/Contemporary solo cannot exceed two minutes.
- Entrant must be a current student of a member teacher in good standing. (Member Teacher dues must be paid in full; Member Teacher must attend at least two ADTNJ Events (Workshop Meetings and/or Networks) and have 5 persons - Assistant Teachers and/or Students who attended workshops during the current 2016-2017 season for each student entered in the scholarship). Note: A member may not have a non-member represent them to complete the required two meetings for eligibility. A faculty teacher who is a member of ADTNJ may represent the studio; however, they must sign in and list the studio name. It is your responsibility to sign in and list your studio name at each workshop.
- Entrant must be a high school student, grades 9-12, not acting in a teaching capacity.
- Entrant must attend one workshop during the current season to be eligible for entry.
- Music must be a performance ready edited single track cued up on an iPod, iPad, or other device with headphone jack.
- Dancer must be in proper shoes and attire (females - tights and black leotard; males - black pants and white or black T-shirt).
- Audition Solos may not contain acrobatic tricks (with the exception of splits) nor use props of any kind.
- A studio representative must be present with the participating students.
- Students must arrive at the audition between 11:30 and 11:45am. Students arriving after 11:45am will be disqualified.
- The First, Second and Third Place Winners will be required to perform their award winning solo at the conclusion of the scholarship auditions as well as at the October workshop of ADTNJ wearing their audition attire.
- The First Place Winner will be ineligible to compete the following year.
- Please click the "Register Now" link above to register and submit the non-refundable $50.00 application fee per student.
- Entries must be submitted before midnight on March 19, 2017. Confirmation of receipt of application will be sent to the ADTNJ Member Teacher.
- Contestants must also submit a completed Release Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on March 19, 2017 in order to participate.
- Failure to adhere to Scholarship rules will result in disqualification.
* In the event there are 5 or less applicants, only a first place scholarship will be awarded.
We want to thank everyone who participated this year.
2017 Senior Scholarship Winners with our judges.
2017 Senior Scholarship Winners:
Sarah Cooney - First Place (center)
Madison Montagna - Second Place (right)
Christina DiBella - Third Place (left)
Teacher: Helen Watts of Moderne Academie of Dance
Frances L. Chalif Senior Scholarship Honoring Frances & Amos Chalif
The Frances L. Chalif Senior Scholarship Fund was begun by Amos Chalif to honor his sister Frances. She died in an automobile accident involving a drunk driver on her way to Palm Sunday Mass.
The first scholarship auditions were conducted on April 5, 1987. The scholarship was maintained by Amos until his passing in 2012. The scholarship name was changed to honor both he and Frances to show our appreciation for his generosity to our organization.
The scholarship is now solely funded by ADTNJ. It is awarded annually by audition to high school students of ADTNJ members in good standing.
The 32nd Annual Frances L. Chalif Memorial Scholarship Audition will be held on Sunday, March 18, 2018 in the style of Ballet.